Saturday, April 14, 2012

Vacation Season

I have posted before about our vacation budgeting/planning system. I have used this system now since 2007 and it continues to work well for us. We just returned from a long weekend trip and the known costs, the rental cottage and the fishing trip, were prepaid prior to the trip.  The remainder of the trip expenses were budgeted, as previously explained, I normally budget $100 day for each of us and we save that up in our ING travel/vacation account.  However, this trip was more of a nature/relaxing trip and we didn't come close to spending that much each day.  My annual girls trip, over Memorial Day weekend, is coming up so I'll put the money we didn't spend back into our ING account and I have just a few weeks to get ready for the next trip.

No comments: