Thursday, April 5, 2012
2012 Savings Goals - April Report
(1) Max out 401k(s) - $10,105 (30%)(goal is $34,000)
(2) Max out IRA(s) - $1000 (10%)(goal is $10,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $ 2400 (24%)(goal is $10,000)
(4) Pay down mortgage - $1245 (25%)(goal is $5,000)
(5) House projects - $300 (6%) (goal is $5,000)
(6) Trading account fund - $0 (0%(goal is $5,000)
Total - $15,050 (22%)
At present, we are about $3500 behind on our 2012 goals but we are slowly starting to catch up from our slow start this year. We have paid off the credit card, which we used to pay for Mr. Sam's recent certification class. He has another class he wants to take and we are hoping that the company might pay for this one, if not that will be another $2500 on education this year.
We are going away this weekend, trip has been paid for already and daily spending money was saved in our ING travel/vacation savings account. Just have to stop at the bank tonight and make a withdraw of the cash for day to day spending.