(1) Max out 401k(s) - $23,217 (68%)(goal is $34,000)
(2) Max out IRA(s) - $4705 (47%)(goal is $10,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $6000 (60%)(goal is $10,000)
(4) Pay down mortgage - $2490 (50%)(goal is $5,000)
(5) House projects - $750 (15%)(goal is $5,000)
(6) Trading account fund - $50 (1%)(goal is $5,000)
Total - $37,212 (54%)
Seven months into 2012 and we have now crossed the 50% mark on our 2012 goals. The good news is that we are on track to complete goals 1-3. Mr. Sam will, in fact, max out his 401k in September. We will then redirect the monthly sum that was going to his 401k to other goals come September.
Regarding goal number 4, I've put paying down the mortgage on hold as we work towards refinancing our mortgage. I can't say we have abandoned that goal, but since there will be $3-4,000 in closing costs I'm holding that goal for now until we close on our refinance.
As for goals 5-6, we are making little to no progress on them, perhaps we can pick up steam in September. We did, just spend about $1500 on house projects as we prepared for our Refi appraisal. I'm not counting those monies towards our house project savings, but simply noting the fact.
Overall, we are currently, approximately $3900 behind on our 2012 goals.