(1) Max out 401ks - $33,000
(2) Max out 2009 IRAs - $10,000
(3) House project and furniture - $10,000
(4) Add to baby fund - $5,000
(5) Lasik surgery for Mr. Sam - $5,000
(6) Add to emergency fund - $10,000
Total - $73,000
(1) $11,920 (36%)
(2) $10,000 (100%)
(3) $663 (7%)
(4) $163 (3%)
(6) $0 ($19,642 in our ING e/r account)**
Total - $22,748 (31%)
Ugh, we are now about $6000 behind of where we ought to be. Our forward progress has slowed to the pace of an inchworm. The car accident bills are behind us, the REFI costs are behind us and yet we seem to be spinning our wheels. We have both been very busy at work and therefore probably spending more than we should eating out during the week. We are overdue for a family finance meeting, but I'm not sure it would be particularly fruitful as I don't presently have a clear idea on why we seem to have a money gap.
** At the end of 2008 we had $21,881 in our emergency fund. We continue to add to our emergency fund, but we are not counting the progress until it hits $21,881.