(1) Max out 401k(s) - $8,088 23% (goal is $35,000)
(2) Max out IRA(s) - $8,838 80% (goal is $11,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $4,400 44% (goal is $10,000)
(4) Roof project - $5,000 100% (goal is $5,000)
(5) Vehicle replacement - $5,000 100% (goal is $5,000)
(6) House projects - $0 0% (goal is $3,000)
Total: $31,326 45% (Goal is $69,000)
We are having the year of unplanned expenses, and as a result our progress chart has been altered. First, because Mr. Sam needs new/nused truck (and that goal just won't wait anymore) we have cleaned out the house savings account and Mr. Sam's 401k savings account.
Mr. Sam is not currently eligible for his work 401k so we were putting aside cash so when he is eligible (September) he could increase/max out his 401k deductions per paycheck (up to his employer's limit, most employers do not permit a 100% contribution) and we would have cash available to make up for that budgetary shortfall. But, the truck won't wait so since this money was not invested and available we are putting into the truck fund. Hopefully, by the time September rolls around we will be able to manage our budget such that he can still increase his contributions to try and put away as much money as he can.
Second, similarly, our house project fund has also been cleaned out for the truck fund. Our truck fund is $10,000, not the $5,000 listed in our chart.
At present, we are about $3000 behind on our savings goals.