(1) Max out 401k(s) - $24,233 (69%) (goal is $35,000)
(2) Max out IRA(s) - $9,631 (88%) (goal is $11,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $7,200 (72%) (goal is $10,000)
(4) Pay down mortgage - $2,075 (42%) (goal is $5,000)
(5) Trading account fund - $50 (1%) (goal is $5,000)
(6) House projects - $1,800 (60%) (goal is $3,000)
Total: $45,819 (66%)
At present we are @$3,200 behind on our savings goals. I have restarted goal number 4, prepayment of mortgage principal, and if I double up on our payments for a couple of months I can get back on track. I also expect to complete goal number 2 over the next few weeks. We are on target for goal number 3 as well. We will not be able to complete goal number 1, maxing out our 401ks, due to Mr. Sam's layoff. But, I am hopeful that we can add some money to the trading account fund to make up for that shortfall.
Since it is September, and because of Mr. Sam's job situation, I am starting to think about how to close out our savings year such that we can beat last year's savings number ($62,066). We need to save another $16,281 to exceed last year's total. That is going to be a stretch. If we complete goals 1 (by adding to goal 5), 2, 3 and 4 we will reach $17,000.
We shall see.