(2) Max out IRA(s) - $9,020 (82%) (goal is $11,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $5,200 (52%) (goal is $10,000)
(4) Pay down mortgage - $2,075 (42%) (goal is $5,000)
(5) Trading account fund - $50 (1%) (goal is $5,000)
(6) House projects - $1300 (43%) (goal is $3,000)
Total: $39,256 (57%)
It is July in South Florida, it is hot and wet and we are moving into hurricane season. July is also the first month of the second half of the year and it is time to evaluate where we are on our savings goals.
The good news is that we are just about $2,000 ahead of where we should be.
The bad news, if you've been reading this site for the last year and half you'll probably guess. Mr. Sam lost his job as of Monday (along with a 100 others). We've been expecting this reduction in force for about a year and a half now and, unfortunately, the day finally came. I'll be posting more on this next week, but obviously a job loss may mean that our goals for this year have to be updated.