Saturday, August 4, 2012

Headboard Project

Working on my headboard project today.

A few weeks ago, on bulk trash day, I spied an old, painted, wood headboard that had been set out for trash pick up. Since we needed a headboard for our guest room, when I returned home from my early morning walk, I made Mr. Sam get up and go pick it up in his truck.

 Today, I sanded the headboard utilizing Mr. Sam's handheld sanding machine. I started off with 50 grit sandpaper, then used 80 grit and finished with 120 grit. In between rounds of sanding, I washed off all the dust.  Once I was done with sanding, I then primed the headboard with white primer spray paint. At present, I'm waiting for it to dry and then I'll paint it with a bright white high gloss paint.

Total cost for new headboard will be zero dollars. With all the projects Mr. Sam does, we already had all the necessary supplies.

No comments: