Thursday, June 30, 2011

Always a Bridesmaid

We are off to a wedding this weekend, one of Mr. Sam's good friends.  In honor of wedding season, see this interesting article from CNN on the high cost of being a bridesmaid.  According to CNN it costs, on average, $1695 to be a bridesmaid.  Ouch!  I'm going to call up my bridesmaids and thank them.  Luckily, I was in two of their weddings, so I think that cancels it out.  But I have two single bridesmaids and I feel like I owe them some money.

We're spending $400 for flight, $200 for hotel, $150 for Mr. Sam's rental tux (and he owns a tux, but this is for the wedding) and related costs,  $1500 for his attendance at bachelor party in Las Vegas, $200 gift and $400 in daily spending money on the trip (we are going for 4 days).  Total - $2850.

No comments: