Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bag, Borrow or Steal - does it make cents?

I'm not one of those gals that is particularly interested in carrying the latest "it" bag, especially when they are so pricey. The other day, I saw a woman at my office building wearing brown on brown Coach logo shoes and carrying a colorful Louis Vuitton logo hand-bag. I found the look both confusing and pretentious (sorry).

But, anywho, if you must carry the newest bag, does renting one make cents? If you bought this Louis Vuitton bag it would set you back $685. If you rented it at bagborroworsteal.com it would cost you $43 a week or $125 a month (assuming you signed up for a membership - 1 year membership is $60). I guess if you are the type to buy a new bag every couple of months then it probably would be more practical to rent instead.

However, I would suggest that this rental service ought to be reserved for very special occasions (wedding, prom, 10 year high-school reunion).

No comments: