Still working on our goal planning, some changes since I last posted.
(1) Max out 401k for each of us, the limits have not changes for 2016 so that is $18,000 for each of us for a total of $36,000. Automatic payroll debits are in place, I will just need to check them in January
(2) Finish funding our 2015 IRAs - $8900, The 2015 IRAs must be funded by 4/15/16. As such, we will have some heavy upfront savings of about $1110 per pay period between 1/1/16 and 4/15/16.
(3) Fund 2016 IRAs $11,000 for the both of us, this number also is unchanged from 2015.
(4) Baby Sam'college fund, add another $5000 this year.
(5) Add to emergency fund, reducing this annual goal to $5000 (this year we saved $10,000)
The above savings goals total $65,900. The highest savings number we have ever hit with our savings efforts is @$64,000 (back in 2013). So, this would be a stretch for us, especially with our child care expenses for Baby Sam.
I've deleted the nused car savings goal, because I went ahead and bought a nused car in December. More on that in a later post.
Debt killing goals:
(1) Pay off lingering credit card debt in the amount of $4261 (this was at $6500 in my last post, we've made progress).
(2) Pay off Mr. Sam's new car, remaining debt $2000.
Above debt totals at $6261.
Also, I'd like to reduce our total debt to under $450,000 total. At present our debt total is at $491,863 (this number went up due to the nused car) which would require killing the above credit and car debt and also killing another almost $35,602 in debt. I think that is this is may be a reachable goal since we paid off @$34,000 in debt this year.
Additional financial goals:
Roll over old 401k to my current employer 401k. This has been a previous goal, and guess what it is still an item on my to do list.