Thursday, December 13, 2012
2012 Savings Goal - Update
(1) Max out 401k(s) - $33,293 (98%)(goal is $34,000)
(2) Max out IRA(s) - $10,000 (100%)(goal is $10,000)
(3) Add to e/r fund - $9,600 (96%)(goal is $10,000)
(4) Pay down mortgage - $2,490 (50%)(goal is $5,000)
(4)(a) Savings for goal (4) - $1,250
(5) House projects - $1,500 (30%)(goal is $5,000)
(6) Trading account fund - $50 (1%)(goal is $5,000)
Total - $58,183 (84%)
Well, the good news is we have finished maxing our our non-deductible IRAs for 2012. The other good news is that we are on track to max out our 401ks and to complete our emergency fund goal.
As, I posted previously, our revised* goal is to complete goals 1-4 which means that as of today, we have to save another $2,357 before the end of the year. I am confident that we can do it. We have, generally, completed our holiday spending (which is funded by our ING holiday savings account). I have a trip this weekend, that is paid for already. We, also, have a New Year's trip planned, we've paid for the condo for the trip, but we will have gas, grocery and misc. expenses associated with that trip. My hope and plan is to have our 2012 savings completed before we head off on our New Year's trip.
* We are $8,163 behind on our original 2012 goals.