Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New You, New Plan

Happy New Year!!

Since it is that time of year, let's talk New Year's resolutions. Do you make them? Do you keep them?

I'm more of a goal gal, goals are easier for me to track, and easier to restart if I fall off the wagon. So, we are working on our financial goals which I will post soon. I also want to keep better records and keep my records better organized - since our IRS audit is coming up soon, this one is top of the list. We also want to have a 2010 baby and so we'll continue to add to our baby fund and we'll also work on health/fitness and probably visit some doctors early this year.

Being debt free is a super awesome goal. We resolved to get debt free in late December 2006 and started working our plan on January 1, 2007, we were debt free as of January 15, 2008. And we've been debt free, except for our mortgage (and our investment property mortgages and small business expenses we like to put on our 0% Home Depot credit card), ever since. It is wonderful not to have credit card bills, car payments, student loan payments, etc. and not having to service debt frees up money for savings and investments.

What are your plans for 2010?

2 comments:

Andy @ Retire at 40 said...

My plan this year is to set my rental property up so it is supporting itself. Then I can start saving up a little for my next bit of land and/or property.

Sam said...

Andy, I hear you loud and clear. We also have an ongoing goal to have our rental properties support themselves.