Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wishful Thinking

One of my spending weaknesses is real Art. I love Art and I don't mind spending money on real Art (no prints for me).

One of my favorite artists is deceased and his work goes up for auction now and again. I keep track of the auction schedule and I was determined to bid on one of his pieces this weekend. I registered for the on-line auction and I set a budget for myself ($5,000.00) the item was listed as worth $3,000.00 - $6,000.00. But this morning I was at work and I realized that I could not download the on-line auction software on my work computer. Cue disappointment. But I told myself, Sam if you cannot bid then take it as Fate or the Gods telling you that this item is out of your price range or that this item is not meant for you, etc.

Well, I went back to my work and checked the auction outcome just recently, the item that I had planned to bid on, went for $18,000.00+. Yikes, who says we are in a recession!

No comments: