Wednesday, June 10, 2009

30 Day Rule

Yesterday evening, I arrived home after 7:00 p.m. after putting in 12 hours at the office. Mr. Sam and I were scheduled to head out for a run (our goal is to train Sunday-Thursday), but he was working on another project and declined to go running with me. I sat down on the sofa, clicked on Seinfeld and relaxed for a couple of minutes. Snarfle the Dog hovered near me as he had not yet been fed by Mr. Sam. I easily could have just continued sitting on the sofa or made myself a spot to eat or finished laundry; but I got myself up, changed into my running clothes, fed the dog and headed out for a two mile session.

I am a big believer in the 30 day rule - it takes 30 days (why do you think rehab is 28 days) or a month for a new habit to become just a habit. We are five weeks into our training program and I credit the 30 day rule for getting me up and going yesterday. Training has become a habit.

Think about using the 30 day rule for a goal that you are working on, financial, fitness or otherwise.

No comments: