It is that time of year again, time to plan out our saving/investing goals for 2009. We sat down and talked about what we want to accomplish this year, what we accomplished last year, our long term plans, spending plan, etc.
(1) Max out 401ks - $33,000 (we have not tracked this goal in the past, but I think its important to keep track of it and to include it in our yearly savings goals.)
(2) Max out 2009 IRAs - $10,000
(3) House project and furniture - $10,000
(4) Add to baby fund - $5,000
(5) Lasik surgery for Mr. Sam - $5,000
(6) Add to emergency fund - $10,000
Total - $73,000
The total seems super high for us, but that is due to the fact that we are counting our 401k contributions.