(1) 2007 IRA - $8000 (this goal is now closed)
(2) Car fund - $17000 (this goal has been completed!)
(3) E/R fund - $10000 (this goal has been completed!)
(4) Baby fund - $5000 (this goal has been completed!)
(5) 2008 IRA - $10000
(1) $4000 (50%.)
(2) $17000 (Progress - 100%.)
(3) $12291 ($20,291*) (Progress - 123%)
(4) $5000 (Progress - 100%)
(5) $7000 (Progress - 70%)
Total: $45,291 (Progress - 90%)
* Our emergency fund already had $8000.
Goal number 4, baby fund, is now completed. We likely will need more than $5000 in our baby fund so we will pick up this goal again in 2009.
At present, I'm working on funding Mr. Sam's 2008 IRA. I've been buying stocks like crazy the last few weeks. My stock picking criteria - good established companies, stock priced at least 50% off, and diversified companies (i.e. conglomerates, retail, tech, energy, pharma, etc.)
We've been discussing what to do when his 2008 IRA is fully funded. If we close our 2008 goal early we could: (1) start saving money for our 2009 IRAs, (2) continue to buy stocks but not in a tax advantaged account, (3) establish our 2009 money goals and start putting money away for same, (4) save for a new couch. What would you do? At present, I'm inclined to either put money aside for our 2009 IRAs or continue to buy stocks.