Monday, November 9, 2009

IRS Audit Update

Rather than set up an appointment with the IRS examiner, we were given the option of sending in documents for his review. I gathered the necessary documents (both from our records and from our accountant) and faxed them to the examiner this past week. I also had two telephone conversations with the examiner which included explaining the documents to him.

Not surprisingly, I had been warned, once the examiner started reviewing our tax return he expanded his questions to other issues (beyond what we had been asked to provide in the original written document request).

I was friendly and cooperative, but I did my best to limit the information and the documents I provided to the original requests.

The examiner indicated that he plans to complete his report this week. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: